Accredited Business Sponsor – new category added
The Department of Home Affairs have announced an addition to the list of categories for to enable businesses that use the subclass 482 visa to apply for Accreditation.
Category 5 has been included that is for Australian Businesses that are providing major investment in Australia. The full criteria for the new category includes:
- major investment is at least $50 million which has directly generated Australian employment.
- not a sole trader or a partnership
- options for measuring a major investment may include:
- a lasting contribution to Australia, including: the value of the investment, the company’s pattern of investment, jobs created, export outcomes generated, tax contribution; or
- innovative business practices or technologies, including: introducing new skills and capabilities, setting up research activities in Australia or collaborating with Australian research institutions, commercial partnerships (MoUs or JVs); or
- supporting exports and the expansion of Australian industry within global supply chains, particularly in high value-add areas.
- have been a standard business sponsor for at least one year o have nominations approved for at least one primary TSS/457 visa holder in the last year
- have had more than 97% of your nomination applications approved in the last year
- have no adverse monitoring outcomes o have paid all Australian employees in accordance with an Enterprise Agreement or an internal salary table that reflects the current market salary rates
- engage all TSS/457 visa holders as employees under a written contract that meets National Employment Standards where they apply.
What Accreditation provides
- An accredited sponsor receives priority processing of Temporary Skill Shortage visa, subclass 482, nominations and applications. The Department process most applications in around 5 days.
- Accredited sponsors use their company website as one of the options of advertising any available occupations that are subject to Labour Market Testing, plus one other type of advertising mode.
- Accredited sponsors can provide a character reference for all TSS visa applicants that are nominated instead of overseas police certificates provided by applicants to show their good character
- TSS Accredited Sponsors will also be afforded priority processing for ENS and RSMS permanant residency nomination and visas applications.
The full categories of becoming an Accredited Sponsor
The following list includes all the categories available for Accreditation.
Category 1 – Commonwealth, state and territory government agencies
Category 2 – Australian Trusted Trader
Category 3 – Low volume usage and high percentage of Australian workers (at least 85%)
Category 4 – High volume usage and medium percentage of Australian workers (at least 75%)
Category 5 – Major investment in Australia
Please feel free to contact Life Relocation if you are an organisation and are looking for a business review to support your current migration needs.