Subclass 400 - Temporary work (Short-Stay Activity) Visa
The short stay activity visa allows the visa applicant to enter Australia to:
- Undertake highly specialised work or;
- Participate in an event or events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation
- The work must be non-ongoing
- The visa is automatically for 3 months stay although a maximum term of 6 months, can be provided if the applicant can demonstrate the need.
- The visa is activated upon arrival in Australia, so it is important that the start date for the project is close to the arrival date
Overseas employers can remain to manage all payroll and business expenses during the short-term assignment